[Catalyst] Intermittent blank pages - possibly solved

Tobias Kremer list at funkreich.de
Fri Aug 29 10:10:44 BST 2008

Quoting Tomas Doran <bobtfish at bobtfish.net>:
> On 28 Aug 2008, at 19:32, Wade.Stuart at fallon.com wrote:
> >> That was my guess, too. But if the problem is really situated
> >> there it should have occurred much earlier. Nothing dramatically
> >> changed in our setup or application. I'll try a rollback of the
> >> Rose::HTML::Form module to eliminate it from the equation.
> >> Any other thoughts are still greatly appreciated!
> Are you leaking memory (or is Rose leaking memory for you)? Using
> something like Devel::Leak::Object could help you here..

Okay guys, Rose::HTML::Form seems to leak memory like mad. I've tried every
single version from the most current one (0.554) downwards and checked the
memory usage with a simple Catalyst application. The process size became stable
after downgrading to Rose::HTML::Object 0.549. So the latest six versions have a
huge memory leak (the cat process grew up to 100 MB with nothing but a simple
form after using ab to hit the app with 1000 requests)!

I'll file a bug report and take a look at what's going on under the hood.

--Tobias