[Catalyst] Catalyst modperl - child process segmentation fault

Andrew Rodland arodland at comcast.net
Mon Dec 8 09:36:10 GMT 2008

On Monday 08 December 2008 02:20:38 am Terence Monteiro wrote:
> How can I find out the mysql client libraries DBD::mysql and mod_php are
> linked with? What you say is possible because I upgraded DBD::mysql from
> the latest debian sources in unstable, but not (yet) mod_php. But I don't
> understand why mod_php should matter.

(answering just this part)

because, assuming you use mod_php, and your PHP is built to support mysql (it
almost always is), then PHP will be linked against libmysqlcient, and apache
will link in mod_php at runtime, bringing in mysql by reference. Then your
mod_perl app uses DBI, which also dlopens libmysqlclient, and hilarity
ensues. To answer your question of "how?", I'd suggest ldd'ing the
appropriate components -- mod_php.so and auto/DBD/mysql/mysql.so.