[Catalyst] Catalyst modperl - child process segmentation fault

Sergio Salvi sergio.lists at salvi.ca
Wed Dec 10 21:22:43 GMT 2008

On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 2:20 PM, Terence Monteiro
<terence at deeproot.co.in> wrote:

>>> How can I find out the mysql client libraries DBD::mysql and mod_php are
>>> linked with? What you say is possible because I upgraded DBD::mysql from
>>> the latest debian sources in unstable, but not (yet) mod_php. But I don't
>>> understand why mod_php should matter.
>>
>> Could you humour me, and try disabling PHP in Apache, and then seeing if
>> that stops the Catalyst app crashing?
>>
>> I think you can do it by 'rm /etc/apache/mods-enabled/*php*.load' or
>> something very similar?
>>

> Disabled mod_php5 and tried again. Still get the segfaults. Has anyone else
> faced this problem, with segmentation faults while running their Catalyst
> app with mod_perl 2.0.4-4 on apache 2.2.9-10 or 2.2.9-11 on debian?

Install DBD::mysql 4.006 or try 4.010.

Versions 4.007 and 4.008 caused segfaults exactly like the one you
got. The changelog of 4.009 says this bug has been fixed, so you could
try 4.010:

* Fix to re-enable TAKE_IMP_DATA_VERSION. Still have to ensure DBI
version 1.607 or higher

But I haven't tried this version yet. 4.006 works fine for me and at
that time, the latest was 4.008 so I went back to 4.006.

Sergio Salvi