[Catalyst] Catalyst-Plugin-Stacktrace 0.07 dist for testing

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Sat Feb 2 06:40:27 GMT 2008

On Fri, Feb 01, 2008 at 05:12:12PM -0000, Carl Vincent wrote:
> >http://trout.me.uk/perl/Catalyst-Plugin-StackTrace-0.07.tar.gz
> >
> >especially if you've seen the bug.
> >
> >If it all looks good, I'll upload the new version to CPAN (and
> >if it turns out to be buggy and you -don't- test it now it's
> >your fault when your application breaks :).
>
> I was having trouble with this yesterday and you helped workaround on
> #catalyst. I've tried this new version with my troublesome code of
> yesteday and now the exceptions are working with and without
> Plugin::StackTrace enabled.

The thing is, the bit that was causing it is stringification, which I'm not
sure is really that useful for debugging.

Should we turn respect_overload off on Stacktrace (or off by default with a
config option if somebody wants to write that code?) ?

I'm actually tempted now to clean the module up a bit now people are
reporting it's fixed, since with my improved understanding of just how fucking
insane SIGDIE handlers are I think I can get rid of a bunch of code that
was supposed to make things safer but aren't strictly required :)