[Catalyst] Detecting Incorrectly Displayed Page (Generating and Visiting URLS automatically ?)

sindharta_tanuwijaya at yahoo.co.jp sindharta_tanuwijaya at yahoo.co.jp
Mon Feb 4 06:58:54 GMT 2008

Hi,

I am currently doing some tests with my application and I am wondering if there is any efficient and effective way to know if pages which should be displayed correctly are actually being redirected to another page, such as "404 - Data Not Found", because of some logic or data mismatches ?

One idea that came to my mind is by generating URLs and visiting generated URLs by our program, and check the used template file. For example, if we have 3 records, with '1','2','3' as their ids,  we want to do a loop to visit each generated URL and look if they are displayed correctly by
 generating an output such as this:

URL                    ID   Used Template
localhost/key/1     1    index.tt2
localhost/key/2     2.    error.tt2
localhost/key/3     3.    index.tt2

But I am not sure if that is even possible. Any ideas ?

Sindharta