[Catalyst] So, what do we want in the -next- book?

Mojo Nichols mnichols at mojosoft.org
Wed Feb 20 03:21:08 GMT 2008

Matt S Trout wrote:
> Since a fair few of you will now have John's book, I figured it was time
> to ask what you'd want from a second book.
>
> I guess the existing one provides a pretty good tutorial style, so we should
> be looking at something more in-depth / intermediate to advanced.
>
> What do you guys think?

Yeah a massive reference manual of TT, TTSite, Catalyst and as many of
useful plugins you can resonablly and coherently pack into it, and
DBIx::Class. It should have  good examples/explanations of using all of
the above together in depth.  Ie creating resultsets for models... etc.
Really dig into some of that magic. Hmm perhaps throw in ajax and a
javascript toolkit.  And then make sure it is well indexed, hmm perhaps
even do something like the perl CD book collection.

Rather then just collect manual pages it would be nice to see it in the
context of Catalyst, how do you use X with catalyst and add Y or X::Y..
For example ash helped me get DBIx::Class::Cursor::Cached working under
Catalyst which naturally wasn't particularly clear from the
Cursor::Cached manual page. Now perhaps that is just not main stream
enough of a problem to make the cut, but you get the idea.

mojo