[Catalyst] Google Summer of Code

Kieren Diment diment at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 20:20:05 GMT 2008

On 27 Feb 2008, at 03:17, Paul Makepeace wrote:

> Be sure to know about,
>
> http://code.google.com/apis/opensocial/
>
> "OpenSocial provides a common set of APIs for social applications
> across multiple websites. With standard JavaScript and HTML,
> developers can create apps that access a social network's friends and
> update feeds."

Ah yes, I should have mentioned this.  OpenSocial is a way to get
existing web services talking to each other (and reception has been
pretty cool as far as I can see).  What it doesn't do is make it
easier to write your own social networking application.  OTOH perhaps
SSNCP should speak a superset of the opensocial API, I don't know I
haven't looked at it in much detail.