[Catalyst] Catalyst::Authentication::Store::LDAP confusion

Richardson, Matthew Matthew_Richardson at mentor.com
Wed Feb 27 06:30:04 GMT 2008

Hello,
 =

I am trying to following the documentation from CPAN on this, but I am conf=
used. In MyApp.pm I have the following:
 =

use Catalyst qw/-Debug ConfigLoader Static::Simple
                    Session
                        Session::State::Cookie
                        Session::Store::FastMmap
                    Authentication
                        Authentication::Store::LDAP
                        Authentication::Credential::Password/;
 =

However when I start the Catalyst server with myapp_server.pl -r -d -k the =
following is ouput:
 =

[debug] Loaded plugins:
.--------------------------------------------------------------------------=
--.
| Catalyst::Plugin::Authentication  0.10005                                =
  |
| Catalyst::Plugin::Authentication::Credential::Password                   =
  |
| Catalyst::Plugin::Authentication::Store::LDAP  0.0601                    =
  |
| Catalyst::Plugin::ConfigLoader  0.14                                     =
  |
| Catalyst::Plugin::Session  0.19                                          =
  |
| Catalyst::Plugin::Session::State::Cookie  0.09                           =
  |
| Catalyst::Plugin::Session::Store::FastMmap  0.05                         =
  |
| Catalyst::Plugin::Static::Simple  0.19                                   =

'--------------------------------------------------------------------------=
--'
 =

I don't understand why Catalyst::Plugin::Authentication::Store::LDAP (depre=
cated) is being loaded. My expectation is that Catalyst::Authentication::St=
ore::LDAP would be loaded. Where is the ::Plugin:: coming from? Do I need t=
o load the Catalyst::Authentication::Store::LDAP differently?
 =

The documentation on CPAN for both modules is nearly identical in the SYNOP=
SIS section, which seems odd, but I am a newbie.
 =

Am I doing something wrong?
 =

Thanks,