[Catalyst] SQL authentification

Ferruccio Zamuner nonsolosoft at diff.org
Thu Feb 28 16:27:42 GMT 2008

Genadijus Paleckis wrote:
> Hello, I'm new on this list and on Catalyst itself also.
>
> I want to migrate our application to catalyst from cgi and I've came
> to question. Is it possible to authenticate users directly by SQL
> server user base ? I mean to make connection with speciffic user and
> authorization leave to PostgreSQL GRANT's to users/groups?
>
> Thank you.
Actually there is not any
Catalyst::Plugin::Authentication::Credential::PostgreSQL but it's
possible to write one as well as another like
Catalyst::Plugin::Authentication::Credential::IMAPAuth for IMAP
authentication.

I'm sure that both of them can be usefull.

Hey Cat guys, which is the best fit C::P::Authentication::Credential
module to start from?

Best wishes,                   \fer