[Catalyst] SQL authentification

Andreas Marienborg omega at palle.net
Fri Feb 29 07:36:59 GMT 2008

On Feb 28, 2008, at 5:27 PM, Ferruccio Zamuner wrote:

> Genadijus Paleckis wrote:
>> Hello, I'm new on this list and on Catalyst itself also.
>>
>> I want to migrate our application to catalyst from cgi and I've
>> came to question. Is it possible to authenticate users directly by
>> SQL server user base ? I mean to make connection with speciffic
>> user and authorization leave to PostgreSQL GRANT's to users/groups?
>>
>> Thank you.
> Actually there is not any
> Catalyst::Plugin::Authentication::Credential::PostgreSQL but it's
> possible to write one as well as another like
> Catalyst::Plugin::Authentication::Credential::IMAPAuth for IMAP
> authentication.
>
> I'm sure that both of them can be usefull.
>
> Hey Cat guys, which is the best fit C::P::Authentication::Credential
> module to start from?

Start with http://cpansearch.perl.org/~jayk/Catalyst-Plugin-Authentication-0.10006/lib/Catalyst/Plugin/Authentication/Internals.pod

I'm actually not sure if PostgreSQL and IMAP are stores or
credentials, but perhas Jay K can chime in with some extra information.

Also, both stores and credentials should no longer be Plugins, but
live under Catalyst::Authentication::Store and
Catalyst::Authentication::Credential

- andreas