[Catalyst] Catalyst::View::Email broken?

Bernhard Graf catalyst3 at augensalat.de
Wed Jan 9 23:26:13 GMT 2008

J. Shirley wrote:

> Hi Bernhard
>
> Could you file this as an RT bug?  I'm working on the next version
> which will also have attachment support and don't want to miss this.

Done.

But thinking about this module brought me to the conclusion, that it
doesn't buy me anything (besides headaches).

Instead I've put a tiny little send_mail method in MyApp's base class,
that calls Email::MIME::Creator and Email::Send.

Less code that can break (and actually does) and more elegant to say
  $self->send_mail($email_mime_object);
instead of
  $c->stash->{email} = $email_mime_hash;
  $c->forward('View::Email');