[Catalyst] REST - like uri design for CRUD

Dave Rolsky autarch at urth.org
Sun Jan 20 23:25:22 GMT 2008

On Sun, 20 Jan 2008, Ashley wrote:

> Clipped a bunch. This is great food for thought. I am missing in this scheme
> how you would know to serve the form for updating. That seems to be the real
> point of /class/id/1111/update. I suppose that should be /class/id/1111/edit
> instead and it would, if it could, properly PUT the form to /class/id/1111,
> yes?

What I've done is something like /user/1111/edit_form

That makes it clear that the URI is a noun, "the edit for for user 1111".
I still PUT to /user/1111 for the update. When I say PUT I really mean
"tunnel PUT via a POST", of course, because browser make this all so
difficult.

For creation I'd have /user/create_form or /user/new_user_form and POST to
/user

-dave