[Catalyst] warning

Octavian Rasnita orasnita at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 12:37:51 GMT 2008

From: "Matt S Trout" <dbix-class at trout.me.uk>

> Repeatedly overwriting a global is dangerous and indicates you've done
> something silly.
>
> This is not a solution, it's a nasty hack which I strongly recommend
> against,
> and is only required because there's something badly wrong with your app
> or
> with its deployment.

My site is accessed with 2 different domain names, and the app must send a
cookie that specify a domain, because otherwise Firefox doesn't send the
cookie back to the server.

If I hard-code a domain name in MyApp.pm, the cookie won't work for both
domain names and I would need to create 2 versions of the app, and then
create a separate virtualhost for each one.
Is there another method?

Thank you.

Octavian