[Catalyst] warning

Carl Johnstone catalyst at fadetoblack.me.uk
Wed Jan 23 13:48:32 GMT 2008

> My site is accessed with 2 different domain names, and the app must send a
> cookie that specify a domain, because otherwise Firefox doesn't send the
> cookie back to the server.

I've given you an answer to that problem once. Redirect domain2.com to
domain1.com and only serve your site through domain1.com

You can't use the same cookies on both domains, which means that a users
state will be changing if they switch between domain1 and domain2. You SEO
will be better because all your pages and traffic are concentrated on the
same domain.

I can't think of any reason why you should be serving the same site on
different domains.

Note (before somebody pulls me up again) that different white-labelled sites
based on the same app is a different situation.

As far as your problem with Firefox - I don't get that here! Here's the raw
cookie as returned in the HTTP Response from our app in the production
environment:

Set-Cookie: men_session=79e37a10cd324c8ac0761e90c7f73b37bb0161bd; path=/;
expires=Wed, 06-Feb-2008 13:45:26 GMT

We've never had any problems with sessions and Firefox, we use them for
flash messages as well as tracking authenticated sessions.

Carl