[Catalyst] warning

Wade.Stuart at fallon.com Wade.Stuart at fallon.com
Wed Jan 23 17:49:29 GMT 2008

"Carl Johnstone" <catalyst at fadetoblack.me.uk> wrote on 01/23/2008 11:22:50
AM:

> > Our sysadmin told me that this way is better because we won't make
traffic
> > (and slow down) on the public network interface.
>
> Marginal, you'd need to be doing *a lot* of data transfer. I think our
data
> transfer at our ISP maxes out at around 12Mbps on an average lunch time -

> well below the 100Mpbs a poor network can do.
>
> > And he also told me that he cannot assign a single domain name that
points
> > to 2 different IP addresses, because we have a single DNS. He told that

> > yes, if we would have 2 DNS, he could make one work for the intranet
and
> > one for the internet access, but it is not the case.
>
> Use HOSTS files on the local machines to override the DNS IP?
>
> > cookies_expire => 0,
> >
> > If you have also tried with this kind of cookies and it works in
Firefox,
> > please tell me the version of Firefox.
>
> I've it on my dev setup and it works on current Firefox 2, however
checking
> the raw cookie and it's setting a time of 2 hours, so I think something
else
> is going on. I've not got time to dig further at the moment.

Oct,

      Try setting the cookie to a more reasonable second count (1 day) and
see if that resolves your issue.  All of the browsers handle extended
cookies a bit differently and while one setting may work on IE, the smae
may cause a nocookie on firefox.  I really believe your problem is one of
cookie expiration (or content length) and not one where you have to mess
around setting the domain again (that problem is solved for you -- stop
looking for zebras).