[Catalyst] Hair-pulling over YAML config

Brian Cassidy brian.cassidy at nald.ca
Thu Jan 24 14:10:14 GMT 2008

I'm not really sure why this thread was resurrected from almost a year
ago... but...

> "Carl Vincent" <C.A.Vincent at newcastle.ac.uk> writes:
>
> I've just spent an inordinate amount of time debugging a problem which
> was actually caused by my Yaml config file not parsing properly.
> Catalyst isn't helping much - all it does is skip out the line of debug
> that says "[debug] Loaded Config ..." and that's easy to overlook.
>
> I discovered that when the file is loaded in Config::Any, if there's an
> error with the parsing it just skips it and doesn't bother to alert
> anyone.

FYI, Config::Any 0.10 will now die on bogus config files.

bricas at Brian:~$ perl -MConfig::Any -e 'Config::Any->load_files( { files
=> [shift], use_ext => 1 } );' t.yml
Error parsing file: t.yml at -e line 1

-Brian