[Catalyst] Development environments and performance

Charlie Garrison garrison at zeta.org.au
Sun Jan 27 04:10:06 GMT 2008

Good afternoon,

On 16/1/08 at 10:03 PM -0000, Ian Docherty
<catalyst at iandocherty.com> wrote:

>The other reason was that I eventually was hoping to serve
>several clients from the same machine, running multiple copies
>of the same application (but perhaps different versions) and
>knew I could not do this with Apache mod-perl but could do so
>with fast-cgi, hence my reason for going down that path.

Been away for a week so catching up on old threads and wanted to
clarify this point for the archives.

It IS possible to run multiple apache/mod_perl processes on one
machine to support different catalyst apps/versions. It requires
use of a frontend proxy server but it's easy to setup and works well.

I use that technique for both staging and productions apps on
the one machine.

Charlie

--
    Charlie Garrison  <garrison at zeta.org.au>
    PO Box 141, Windsor, NSW 2756, Australia

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1855.txt