[Catalyst] Malformed class Name & Hidden files

Rajeev Cyrus cyrus at umn.edu
Wed Jan 30 19:45:36 GMT 2008

Greetings.

I am trying to get started with catalyst and am running into slightly
annoying problem.

I am working though Catalyst::Manual::Tutorial and when it comes time
to start the web-server I get this error:

Malformed class Name MyApp::Model::._MyAppDB at /usr/local/perl5.8.3/
lib/site_perl/5.8.3/Catalyst.pm line 1875
Compilation failed in require at script/myapp_server.pl line 53.

I have traced this down to the fact that my text editor (TextMate)
likes to leave hidden files around with similar names as those being
edited. For example the above error says something about ._MyAppDB
where this a file named MyApp/lib/MyAppDB.pm AND a file MyApp/
lib._MyAppDB.pm

If i delete the ._* file the server will launch and everything works
fine.

My question is:
Is there a way I can tell the scripts to ignore hidden files?

thanks in advance

-Rajeev Cyrus