[Catalyst] Updated from Catalyst 5.7012 to 5.7014 - got problems with HTML::FormFu->model()

Carl Franks fireartist at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 09:17:54 BST 2008

2008/7/1  <kakimoto at tpg.com.au>:
> Dear all,
>  I found that
> 1) i had also updated HTML::FormFu
> 2) this had caused the problem
>

> By reverting to version 0.02004 of HTML::FormFu, the problem was solved.
> I believe it's to do with the deprecation of HTML::FormFu->model().

Although it's deprecated, the old method should still work for now.

HTML-FormFu-Model-DBIC is now provided in a separate distribution.
I suspect you upgraded HTML-FormFu, but not HTML-FormFu-Model-DBIC, so
it was finding an old version, which no longer works.
Try upgrading both distributions - if that doesn't work, re-post to
the html-formfu mailing list with more details, and we'll try to
figure out what's going wrong.

In the meantime, I'll look at what I can do about providing more
information during installation, stating that HTML-FormFu-Model-DBIC
now needs to be upgraded separately.

Cheers,
Carl