[Catalyst] Duplicate session problem?

Dr. Jennifer Nussbaum bg271828 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 5 22:21:16 BST 2008

Now that i got my authentication routines working, im running into
another problem.

Anything i do, i am getting elaborate "duplicate session" errors; in my error
log they show up as things like:

DBI Exception: DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Duplicate entry 'session:12a7c108ba07843441d5bed0' for key 1 [for Statement "INSERT INTO sessions (id) VALUES (?)" with ParamValues: 0='session:12a7c108ba07843441d5bed0467e3398a8e7c3f1'] at /usr/share/perl5/DBIx/Class/Schema.pm line 954

This happens just about constnatly. Im the only one using the system,
its just for testing now, so i dont expect any collisions.

Also, this is _only_ happening on the thing im working on that uses
the new auth routines--the older stuff works fine. Sessions seem to be
set up correctly--im using DBIC for my session storage. Im using
mysql, obviously.

The archives show one other discussion of this, last year, in relation
to flash, but there was no real solution posted.

Has anyone else seen this, or have a suggestion for how to solve?

Thanks again,

Jen