[Catalyst] Debugging Auth code

Dermot paikkos at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 7 08:57:04 BST 2008

2008/7/5 Dr. Jennifer Nussbaum <bg271828 at yahoo.com>:

>> __PACKAGE__->config->{'Plugin::Authentication'}
>> = {
>> >      default_realm => 'dbic',
>> >      realms => {
>> >      dbic => {
>> >          credential => {
>> >          class => 'Password',
>> >          password_field => 'password',
>> >          password_type => 'clear'
>> >          },
>> >          store => {
>> >          class => 'DBIx::Class',
>> >          user_class =>
>> 'CiteEditorDB::User',
>> >          id_field => 'login'
>> >          }
>> >      }
>> >      }
>> >  };

...snipped
>> The only version of C::P::A::C::P i have is the
>> compatibility shim with
>> no real working lines. I dont have C::P::A::S::DBIx::Class
>> at all.

I'm not expert so I hate to offer advice but I had a similar problem
with my realms. In my case I didn't have C::P::A::S::DBIx::Class
installed either. How can the realm's store work as they are
configured to use DBIx::Class and it's not installed. You'd think it
would crumble. It didn't. I kept trying to login and getting errors.
So perhaps you should

cpan Catalyst::Authentication::Store::DBIx::Class

It's a bit of a long shot for someone as green as me to offer a
solution but it might be the source of your problem.
Dp.