[Catalyst] method to repeatedly submit form

Dermot paikkos at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 9 19:03:51 BST 2008

Hi All,

I trying to build a small App with a few hundred records. They want
the ability to add multiple records from myApp into another DB using
CGI key/value pairs. I am looking for suggestions on the best way to
do it. I am using FormFu. I am considering using a onload action to go
with the Controller and View but I can't help thinking there might be
a more elegant way to do what I want.

My current method involves displaying a list of records, each with
it's own Add button. The Add process opens a record in edit mode,
using FormFu to vailidate it, if it passes change the form->action.
There doesn't seem to be a submit method in FormFu or
Plugin::FillnForm so I am reduced to using an javascript onload
form.submit to submit it. So my current method, apart from being a bit
cumbersome (if you not careful you can end up with the page constantly
reloading on a failed validation) only supports single record
enteries.

Is there a better way?
Thanx,
Dp.