[Catalyst] script/myapp_fastcgi.pl -d vs. nohup script/myapp_fasctgi.pl &

Dan Dascalescu ddascalescu+catalyst at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 11:39:17 BST 2008

>> Your tutorial is informative.  It's nice to see a non-apache
>> deployment guide.  When deploying under apache, the web server is
>> easily configured to deliver static content without asking the fastcgi
>> process to do it.  Is that possible with this lighttpd configuration?
>>
>> e.g. myapp.com/static gets served directly by lighttpd, while all
>> other requests go through the catalyst app.
>>
>> /Mitchell K. Jackson
>>

> http://perlitist.com/articles/catalyst-with-lighttpd

That solution seems to have  problems with redirects that Catalyst
generates to other Catalyst pages. for example, the Authentication
tutorial redirects privileged URLs to the login page if the user is
not already logged in. That causes the approach above to redirect
endlessly.

With help from omega on #catalyst, I described a cleaner solution at
http://dev.catalyst.perl.org/new-wiki/gettingstarted/howtos/deploy/lighttpd_fastcgi
(search for "Serving static files"). It's also shorter and doesn't
rely on the undocumented SCRIPT_NAME variable.

Best regards,
Dan Dascalescu