[Catalyst] Re: [IMPORTANT] TEST Catalyst::Runtime 5.7100 RC1 (aka 5.7099_02)

Brian Cassidy brian.cassidy at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 23:05:12 BST 2008

As a quick follow-up, mst wanted me to mention some steps to go about
installing the dev release and reverting said release should you want
to go back to the latest stable version.

1) Download the release. This can be done a number of ways, including with wget:

wget http://dev.thefeed.no/stuff/Catalyst-Runtime-5.7099_02.tar.gz

2) Uncompress the file:

tar zxvf Catalyst-Runtime-5.7099_02.tar.gz

3) Run the makefile:

perl Makefile.PL

4) Install any missing dependencies:

make installdeps

5) Run the test suite -- this is the first place you might see errors,
please report them should that be the case

make test

6) Install it!

sudo make install

Now you can try out your apps against the new development release.
Should you wish to revert back to 5.7014, download this file:

http://search.cpan.org/CPAN/authors/id/M/MR/MRAMBERG/Catalyst-Runtime-5.7014.tar.gz

and repeat the steps. I believe you can also do "force install
Catalyst" from your CPAN client to accomplish the same thing.

Cheers,

-Brian