[Catalyst] Catalyst-Devel Patch

Todd Rinaldo toddr at null.net
Mon Jul 21 14:37:04 BST 2008

J, Thanks for the detailed reply. I hadn't thought about the base
class nature of this class. Catalyst and DBIC are both MAJOR
development projects. This means their documentation on CPAN gets
spread broadly over many pages. I admit this is not a problem for most
modules on CPAN. I suppose my patch was specifically aimed at dealing
with some of this. I have countless times asked questions on a
list/IRC which was clearly documented on a page I'd reviewed multiple
times. Once I knew where to look, the answer was easy.

I am a major fan of wiki, as it's low entry barrier can make it easy
for the people who most need the information (newbies) to append to
the docs or clarify the docs once they get their answer. I'll take a
look at the available wikis. When I'm done, I suspect my comment will
be, well if this is the best place to put the docs on useability,
shouldn't we point to it from the POD? This would effectivley allow us
to separate the design specs related stuff (POD) from the practical
use (WIKI). What are your thoughts on this approach?

Todd