[Catalyst] Suggestions for CatalystX::Installer

Paul Cain fat.perl.hacker at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 11:04:48 BST 2008

>Why can't this be a script/myapp_create.pl Installer ?

I guess it could be.

>Hmm. That smells a bit like Class::Workflow and/or Verby

>Yes, definitely Verby.  You really want actions to be classes, so you
>can customize them easily.

 Verby sounds good.

>"installdeps" is a dependency of "all", so it will probably Work Out All
>Right.

That's what I was thinking.

> > > [3] Should script/myapp_setup.pl exist in a PAR archive in order to
> > > prevent the problem of the script not running because of missing
> > > dependencies?
>
>Yes, or bundle its own local::lib.

sounds good.

I was unaware of Module::ScanDeps' ability to go rogue. Perhaps I
should just have the developer keep Makefile.PL update and use
Module::ScanDeps if make test fails?

>At least you can finish the feedback process and lob the results on a wiki
>in case somebody has time to do it later ...

I guess I could put this on the catalyst wiki somwhere when it is done.