[Catalyst] Re: Catalyst site design drafts feedback thread

Kieren Diment diment at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 23:30:08 BST 2008

On 12 Jun 2008, at 07:23, Aristotle Pagaltzis wrote:

> * Matt S Trout <dbix-class at trout.me.uk> [2008-06-11 22:05]:
>> (1) http://www.browsing.co.uk/cat
>
> This is the one I would pick, even though it is bland. It looks
> like any other current site. But within the current line-up I
> would consider that a strength…

I vaguely wonder about taking the crop circle image from number 2,
making it grayscale to get rid of the green-brown-pastel pallete and
integrating it with design 1.  I really like the image, but it
doesn't quite work from there.

Secondly, on this display for number 1 I need to horizontal scroll on
a 1024X768 display.  So it needs a tweak so that it will work on *my*
display.  You'll find some dev rigs at 1024X768, but very few below
this.

I'm unsure of 3 and 4.

5 I like, but I don't know how it would work for a page design
containing lots of snippets of information.