[Catalyst] Re: Catalyst site design drafts feedback thread

Simon Elliott simon at browsing.co.uk
Thu Jun 12 01:23:06 BST 2008

> (1) http://www.browsing.co.uk/cat
>
> This is the one I would pick, even though it is bland. It looks
> like any other current site. But within the current line-up I
> would consider that a strength…

I am well aware of this - the top 'tempter' paragraph is way too ugly
and on this monitor makes the text pretty difficult to read, but I was
on a too tight a schedule to do anything about this. The bottom half
of the page has had very little time spent on it. Remember, the only
page elements which will appear on all pages are the toolbar ribbons
and logo, so are important to get right. The second ribbon is a sub
menu as you mouse-over the top main menu sections, so we should have
plenty of expansion in that area for the future.

I'll have the layout looked over by a *real designer* for the second
draft.

> Secondly, on this display for number 1 I need to horizontal scroll
> on a 1024X768 display.  So it needs a tweak so that it will work on
> *my* display.  You'll find some dev rigs at 1024X768, but very few
> below this.

Layout would be fluid in final. These days I find working in CSS/XHTML
a faster wireframe technique than any graphical counterpart.

Thank you all for your feedback,

Simon.

--
Simon Elliott