[Catalyst] Catalyst site design drafts feedback thread

Michele Beltrame mb at cattlegrid.info
Thu Jun 12 07:41:59 BST 2008

Hi Matt!

> (1) http://www.browsing.co.uk/cat

This is kind of a restyling of the current web site. It's OK, but with
all that information is maybe a bit scary for the newcomer compared to
others. And it has nothing really new compared to current, anyhow.

> (2) http://agaton.scsys.co.uk/~matthewt/catsite/cat_mock_web_001.png

This is *my favourite*: the crop circles are a great eye-catcher and will
attract users. I however think the "ocra yellow" background color needs
to be changed with something else, as it's a bit "heavy" and it also
clashes with the read of the Catalyst logo.

> (3) http://ion0.com/hx/cat/new-version-2-26.jpg
> (4) http://ion0.com/hx/cat/catalystSiteDesign3.jpg

I'm not particularly fond of this ones.

> (5) http://agaton.scsys.co.uk/~matthewt/catsite/catsite-Penfold.pdf

This is simple enough, with big writings, which is a plus. It's however
not eye-catching enough, and doesn't provide any nice image besides the
logo.

Michele.

--
Michele Beltrame