[Catalyst] Catalyst site design drafts feedback thread

Mitch Jackson perimus at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 15:11:44 BST 2008

> Once we've got feedback in, everybody will go away and revise their
> designs (or not, if they think you're all wrong :) and then we'll do
> consultation on the final drafts.

I like this one best so far:  http://catalyst.perl.org/

The submissions represent good work, and show potential.  I prefer the
original site because:
- Best use of color
- Use of fonts and layout keeps the eye from "getting lost" in the
first second or so of viewing
- Best navigation structure, especially over the leading contender
http://www.browsing.co.uk/cat/,
  which I think will leave many people lost with the nav crammed into
the upper corner where it
  might be easily overlooked for the bigger, more obvious content
links below.  Also, the nav
  is too small and vague, and could leave the initial visitor unsure
what content the site offers

/Mitch