[Catalyst] Re: Catalyst site design drafts feedback thread

Marcello Romani mromani at ottotecnica.com
Tue Jun 17 07:41:07 BST 2008

Tobias Kremer ha scritto:
> Quoting Tobias Kremer <list at funkreich.de>:
>> The other proposed layouts are making fundamental mistakes regarding
>> color scheme choice and/or distribution of elements. I'm not a professional
>> web
>> designer but a blue box with a thick light green frame below a dark red
>> header
>> and everything blurred into oblivion by shadows, makes me wanna scream :)
>
> I couldn't resist it ... Here's something I whipped up in the last hour or so:
>
> http://www.funkreich.de/catalystorg.png
>
> It's nothing revolutionary. Of course, the content needs quite a bit of work and
> the graphics are not very polished but you get the idea ... Oh yeah, the logo is
> too small - I couldn't find a high(er) resolution version (preferably vectorized
> not as a bitmap) of it ...
>
> Shall I continue my effort or is this too little too late? :)
>
> --Tobias

I like this one, but I think the "download now!" should be replaced with
something like "get started!": a web framework is not something you
"download & install" like e.g. Firefox.

To "get started" I would put up a simple page with a bullet list where
in a few points the reader has to learn: what is catalyst, what benefits
it brings to web developement, how to install it, then point to the
first, simple tutorial which will get its feet wet.

Just 2 cents.

--
Marcello Romani
Responsabile IT