[Catalyst] Re: Catalyst site design drafts feedback thread

Aristotle Pagaltzis pagaltzis at gmx.de
Fri Jun 13 23:43:29 BST 2008

* Jonathan Rockway <jon at jrock.us> [2008-06-13 15:00]:
> There is nothing worse than a committee that distorts the
> artist's vision. (When everyone agrees on every detail, you get
> Microsoft. Bland.)

Sorry, but you don’t seem to know what you are talking about.
Microsoft-style design happens when managers make decisions
outside their competences, and Apple-style design has little
to do with artistic vision.

> It all boils down to this. Catalyst is the only really useful
> Perl web framework. Perl is the only really useful language
> for writing web applications.

*boggle*

I… wow. I wouldn’t know where to start, if I even knew what to
say.

No wonder that no one outside the echo chamber ever hears of
Catalyst.

> So people are going to use Catalyst regardless of whether the
> background color on the website is #83f8e2 or #85f9ff.
>
> Let's spend our collective efforts doing something other than
> arguing about colors.

I didn’t see anyone suggesting any particular tweak to any
colour, only comments on whether colour schemes worked or not.
Of course, as you appear to think (like most people) that design
is just making things pretty, it would be all the same to you.
I just wonder why do you spend your effort arguing about whether
people should care about colours when that’s an arguably
unproductive use of your time.

Regards,