[Catalyst] Catalyst site design drafts feedback thread

Gabriel Vieira gabriel.vieira at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 07:59:12 BST 2008

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 3:15 AM, Tobias Kremer <list at funkreich.de> wrote:
> I've incorporated some of the suggestions into the next version of the
> mockup which can be found here:
>
> http://funkreich.de/catalyst/v2.png
>
> I'm still trying to figure out what goes where. The texts and navigational
> elements aren't final either.
>
> Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Okay.
I still vote #1 and I still think it would be really nice with the
suggestion I've made. Buuuuuuut, this new candidate can be a good one.

Let's go:
1) I suggest you start develop the HTML/DHTML code instead of drawing
it. It's easier, cleaner, more beautiful and we finally can see how it
will be.
2) The Catalyst logo is tooooo small, it needs to be impressive, needs
to be memorized by the visitor, it's beautiful, so show it!
3) The red/orange banner is too big, there is no needs, you are giving
attraction to it instead of the logo or something that attracts to
Catalyst.
4) There is NOTHING in the top. Waste of space.
5) The bottom will be really fine, will see when you start to generate
HTML code.

That's all folks,

--
Gabriel Vieira