[Catalyst] make catalyst_par - Error 2

Russ Weight rw8cat at verizon.net
Thu Jun 19 05:36:14 BST 2008

Hi,

I have been trying to do a PAR deployment, however, when I run "make
catalyst_par", it appears to run fine for awhile, but ends with:

Writing PAR "ipw.par"

make: *** [catalyst_par] Error 2

After much digging, I found where the error is occurring in the _execute
method of
Module::ScanDeps ($VERSION   = '0.84') at the following line:

    system($perl, (map { "-I$_" } @IncludeLibs), $fname) == 0 or die
"SYSTEM ERROR in executing $file: $?";

In this particular case, @IncludeLibs is empty. I'm not sure if that is
significant...
$perl and $fname have reasonable values.

I appreciate any help in understanding this. Is it a bug? Or does it
indicate that something is missing from my Makefile.PL?

Is there additional information that I should provide?

Thanks,

- Russ