[Catalyst] Re: Catalyst site design drafts feedback thread

Marcello Romani mromani at ottotecnica.com
Thu Jun 19 10:22:43 BST 2008

Tobias Kremer ha scritto:
> Quoting Aristotle Pagaltzis <pagaltzis at gmx.de>:
>> * Tobias Kremer <list at funkreich.de> [2008-06-17 08:40]:
>>> I've incorporated some of the suggestions into the next version
>>> of the mockup which can be found here:
>> Awesome. There are still nits, but you have already made those
>> clear yourself, and it’s a huge improvement over the promising
>> first draft, so I’m confident you’ll get there.
>
> I've started to code the site and the ongoing process is available at
> http://www.funkreich.de/catalyst. It's currently known to look good in Mozilla
> Firefox and Safari. MSIE (as always) still looks a bit odd but I think we're
> far from browser-optimizing the site :)
>
>> Some nits: [...]
>
> Thanks! :)
>
>> • The text in the left column: I don’t have a good suggestion off
>>   hand, but if you want, I can spend some time thinking about it.
>>   (Are you on IRC? We might confer/brainstorm a bit.)
>
> Good idea! My nick is "soulchild" but I'm currently at work and can't promise
> that I'll make it into the room.
>
> --Tobias

It looks great on FF3.0
I think the cat logo could be enlarged and made transparent, so that the
lower "arm" of the crop circle overlaps a little with the red bar below.
This way the logo could be enlarged without the need to add more white
space to the top of the page (which would be a waste of space), and
would also add a bit of "special effect" to the page, without being,
IMHO, too intrusive.

Just my .2 cents.

Keep up the good work!

--