[Catalyst] shared hosting

Jennifer Ahn jenahn at stanford.edu
Tue Mar 4 23:26:53 GMT 2008

Peter Edwards wrote:
> From: Jennifer Ahn [mailto:jenahn at stanford.edu]
>
>> Could someone share how they configured their httpd.conf file where they
>>
> integrated their catalyst application with an n existing the apache web
> server?
>
> Wow, there was a page in the Wiki giving confs for Apache 1, 2, Lighttpd,
> FastCGI but I can't find it now :-/
> Here are some pages
>
> http://catalyst.perl.org/calendar/2005/7
> http://catalyst.perl.org/calendar/2007/17
> http://dev.catalystframework.org/wiki/Faq_ref#sc.1
>
> Or via FastCGI, in file /etc/httpd/conf.d/myapp.conf
>
>   FastCgiServer /var/www/cgi-bin/myapp/myapp_fastcgi.pl -processes 5
>   Alias /myapp/ /var/www/cgi-bin/myapp/myapp_fastcgi.pl/
>
> Regards, Peter

Thanks Peter!
The Wiki provided some good options.

If my catalyst application is not a stand alone application and contains
features to my non-catalyst application.  Would that still considered as
shared hosting?

If I would like to host my catalyst application on the same server as my
non-catalyst app, is fast-cgi the best way to do this?

Jennifer