[Catalyst] So, what do we want in the -next- book?

Matt Rosin telebody at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 06:13:24 GMT 2008

FWIW, I am very much for both free and commercial docs. The more docs
of both types the better.
I would prefer that experts loved by the community be given incentives
to do both.

Books are nice, but I would probably prefer purchasing just the
digital version of a book right now.
No shipping or printing costs, always at my fingertips.
  Ideally it would include a lifetime ID so I could download it with
revisions and code forever, so if I lost the data I could get it
again.
  It would have to be unencumbered and preferably both a PDF and pod versions.

I'd like recognition of a relationship and credit toward future
purchases. As a loyal customer I tend to repurchase things I like over
the years, multiple times.

I wonder if it could be made cheaper by forgoing the physical printing
but giving the author/editor/publishing team the same profit. That
might make it easier for more people to get hold of it.

My 2 yen,

Matt R.