[Catalyst] Catalyst and Shibboleth authentication

Kirby Krueger kirbykr at u.washington.edu
Fri Mar 14 19:00:31 GMT 2008

Greetings,

I'm writing a new web application, and have decided to jump into
Catalyst (because I am smart.)

One thing that Catalyst seems to do well is have a good mechanism for
plugging in standard approaches to things.  Here at the University of
Washington, we use a project called 'Shibboleth' for authentication: http://shibboleth.internet2.edu/

Has anyone worked with this in conjunction with Catalyst yet?  I
didn't see anything in Authentication::Credential::* yet, and it seems
like that would be where it would go.

If not, I suppose I'll have to write it, and this seems like an
obvious candidate to give back.  (One plus of working for a
University, they really don't mind the whole Open Source thing!)  Any
tips beyond 'read a few other Authentication::Credential modules and
stick to the same standards' would be appreciated.  (But I'm still
hoping someone else already has done it and just didn't think anyone
else would care.)

Thanks in advance,

Kirby