[Catalyst] Catalyst and Shibboleth authentication

Mike Whitaker mike at altrion.org
Sat Mar 15 08:18:08 GMT 2008

On 14 Mar 2008, at 19:00, Kirby Krueger wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I'm writing a new web application, and have decided to jump into
> Catalyst (because I am smart.)
>
> One thing that Catalyst seems to do well is have a good mechanism
> for plugging in standard approaches to things.  Here at the
> University of Washington, we use a project called 'Shibboleth' for
> authentication: http://shibboleth.internet2.edu/

I dunno exactly what Shibboleth does, but if the notes on dealing
with external single sign on (http://catwiki.toeat.com/gettingstarted/
tutorialsandhowtos/sso_authentication) are any help, steal away :)
(JayK did sanity check them for me, and He Should Know :) )
--
Mike Whitaker    | Perl developer, writer, guitarist, photographer
mike at altrion.org | Board member, http://www.englightenedperl.org/