[Catalyst] Catalyst and Shibboleth authentication

Alex Povolotsky tarkhil at over.ru
Sat Mar 15 17:22:24 GMT 2008

Mike Whitaker wrote:

> On 14 Mar 2008, at 19:00, Kirby Krueger wrote:
>
>> Greetings,
>>
>> I'm writing a new web application, and have decided to jump into
>> Catalyst (because I am smart.)
>>
>> One thing that Catalyst seems to do well is have a good mechanism for
>> plugging in standard approaches to things.  Here at the University of
>> Washington, we use a project called 'Shibboleth' for authentication:
>> http://shibboleth.internet2.edu/
>
> I dunno exactly what Shibboleth does, but if the notes on dealing with
> external single sign on
> (http://catwiki.toeat.com/gettingstarted/tutorialsandhowtos/sso_authentication)
> are any help, steal away :) (JayK did sanity check them for me, and He
> Should Know :) )

Well, The Whole Thing seems reasonable; however, maybe you'll provide me
with some idea on more complex setup?

I want to AUTHENTICATE users via some external SSO, but KEEP users once
they've been authenticated into database.

I have (still) no good idea on interaction of Realm, Password and Store...

Alex.