[Catalyst] Can I install the catalyst manual from cpan?

J. Shirley jshirley at gmail.com
Sun Mar 16 15:50:53 GMT 2008

On Sun, Mar 16, 2008 at 7:03 AM, Ali M. <tclwarrior at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, I downloaded Catalyst (on windows of course) using the using the
>  cat-install script.
>  So apparently the script did sucessfully install the latest Catalyst::Runtime
>
>  But it only installed few pod documents Catalyst::Manual,
>  Catalyst::Manual::About and Catalyst::Manual::Installation
>
>  I want the Intro and tutorial pages hopefully in html format too, what
>  can I do?

Hey Ali,

Your best bet is to download the tarball from CPAN and install it
manually: http://search.cpan.org/CPAN/authors/id/J/JR/JROCKWAY/Catalyst-Manual-5.701003.tar.gz

I'm not sure what the problem is, but something changed in the
Catalyst-Manual package that caused it to no longer be able to be
installed via CPAN.  Hopefully this gets fixed soon, as it's rather
frustrating for users.

Also, you can use my interim static doc browser system I'm working
with at http://catsite.toeat.com/docs/Catalyst-Manual-Intro.html

Hope this helps.

-Jay

--