[Catalyst] Problem storing session data

Andrew Rodland arodland at comcast.net
Mon Mar 31 17:29:49 BST 2008

On Monday 31 March 2008 09:03:40 am Bill Moseley wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 09:07:02AM +0200, Peter Sørensen wrote:
> > This is working when output is fairly small but if I use a bigger
> > TimeFrame and generate a far bigger output table it fails.
> I think you want to increase page_size.
>
> http://search.cpan.org/~robm/Cache-FastMmap-1.25/FastMmap.pm#PAGE_SIZE_AND_
>KEY/VALUE_LIMITS
>
>     One consequence of this is that you cannot store values larger
>     than a page in the cache at all. Attempting to store values larger
>     than a page size will fail (the set() function will return false).

I've run into this as well. I understand the restriction and how to work
around it, but it is pretty annoying that it's a silent failure. Could we
please have a warn to log in C::P::Session if store_session_data fails? Or,
if not all stores return a useful true/false, then one in Store::Fastmmap?

Thanks
hobbs