[Catalyst] modperl 1.3 wierdness

Toby Corkindale tjc at wintrmute.net
Sun May 4 14:19:24 BST 2008

On Sat, May 03, 2008 at 11:22:49PM +0100, Matt S Trout wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 11:30:53AM +1000, Toby Corkindale wrote:
> > Unfortunately due to somewhat unusual app deployment tactics here, apps get
> > "installed" manually, into their own little area, along with their required
> > perl dependencies, thus losing the Makefile.PL, but also requiring that the
> > config file lived in the same non-standard location.
>
> How about using
>
> __PACKAGE__->config(
>   'Plugin::ConfigLoader' => {
>     file => __PACKAGE__->path_to(...)
>   }
> );
>
> or setting an environment variable?

The location varies depending on build version and status, but could have been
solved with the env variable part combined with the loader options..
But at the time it was 8pm at night and I wanted to go home, and hacking up a
little DIY loader was quicker than trying to figure out what was going wrong
with the plugin.. You know how it gets sometimes?