[Catalyst] Basic CRUD Tutorial

Kieren Diment diment at gmail.com
Tue May 6 13:25:37 BST 2008

On 6 May 2008, at 22:16, Albert Vernon Smith wrote:

> I'm new to Catalyst, and am working my way through the tutorial.  I'm
> on the "BasicCRUD" section, and something is not behaving as it
> should.  I've gotten to the end of the "FORMLESS SUBMISSION" section,
> and entering the URL
> < http://localhost:3000/books/url_create/TCPIP_Illustrated_Vol-2/5/4>
> works as advertised, entering an appropriate record into the database.
>
> However, the link for "Return to list" (coming from the
> 'create_done.tt2' template) points to itself
> (<http://localhost:3000/books/url_create/TCPIP_Illustrated_Vol-2/5/4>)
> rather than (<http://localhost:3000/books/list>).
>
> The 'create_done.tt2' template includes:

> However, this function doesn't seem to be building the appropriate
> URI.  I'm on Mac OS X 10.5.2, and built Catalyst yesterday from CPAN
> using the system Perl.
>
> I can't rule out that I did something silly, but I went through this
> twice, and twice got the same issue.

Please checkout the reference implementation for the tutorial from:

svn checkout http://dev.catalyst.perl.org/repos/Catalyst/tags/
examples/Tutorial/MyApp/5.7/

If the problem still exists  then there's a problem with the code, or
your catalyst install.  Please let us know if the reference
implementation is also doing the wrong thing.

Thanks