[Catalyst] Basic CRUD Tutorial

Albert Vernon Smith avsmith at gmail.com
Tue May 6 13:16:30 BST 2008

I'm new to Catalyst, and am working my way through the tutorial.  I'm
on the "BasicCRUD" section, and something is not behaving as it
should.  I've gotten to the end of the "FORMLESS SUBMISSION" section,
and entering the URL
< http://localhost:3000/books/url_create/TCPIP_Illustrated_Vol-2/5/4>
works as advertised, entering an appropriate record into the database.

However, the link for "Return to list" (coming from the
'create_done.tt2' template) points to itself
(<http://localhost:3000/books/url_create/TCPIP_Illustrated_Vol-2/5/4>)
rather than (<http://localhost:3000/books/list>).

The 'create_done.tt2' template includes:

However, this function doesn't seem to be building the appropriate
URI.  I'm on Mac OS X 10.5.2, and built Catalyst yesterday from CPAN
using the system Perl.

I can't rule out that I did something silly, but I went through this
twice, and twice got the same issue.

Does anyone know what might be the issue.

Thanks,
-albert