[Catalyst] Basic CRUD Tutorial

Albert Vernon Smith avsmith at gmail.com
Tue May 6 15:31:51 BST 2008

I have figured out the issue.

Since the reference installation worked, I obviously had no grander
software problem.  I then replaced files one-by-one to find the issue.
 By doing that, I could see that the file "lib/MyApp/View/TT.pm" was
missing a config definition for

CATALYST_VAR

Looking at the output from:

script/myapp_create.pl view TT TTSite

I can see the line was not added into this file.  So, if I add
CATALYST_VAR, I can fix the issue updating to:

    __PACKAGE__->config({
        CATALYST_VAR => 'Catalyst',

Now, being new around here, I'm not sure if the non-inclusion of
"CATALYST_VAR" in VIew/TT.pm from TTSite output is a "bug" or a
"feature".  In any case, it does show an incosistecy between the
tutorial documentation and what is happening.   I am working with
Catalyst 5.7012.

-albert