[Catalyst] IMPORTANT: To all Catalyst::Whatever Authors, please read and ACT

Ashley apv at sedition.com
Sun May 11 04:55:36 BST 2008

On May 10, 2008, at 7:18 PM, Kieren Diment wrote:
> On 11 May 2008, at 10:56, Ashley wrote:
>
>> Two or more config examples is nice and kind to users and I think
>> it's a great best practice to include it (maybe someone would
>> attach a simple script to dump several formats? If I have time this
>> weekend, I'll try if no one beats me to it).
>
> That on the other hand would be useful (sorry missed it first
> time).  Could you make a CatalystX::ConfigMaker that dumps
> catalyst_config.pl into $PATH somewhere?  CatalystX::Starter is a
> small and simple module that shows how to do this.

I'd love to try. I'll take a look this weekend. Thanks for pointing me
at the starter modules, I hadn't looked at it yet.

<devilsAdvocate type="tangent" for="MST" style="voice:facetious">
The biggest stumbling block and learning curve with Catalyst is almost
undeniably DBIC… Maybe we should consider a script that files tickets
against any documents that reference it going forward. I mean sure
it's useful but think of all the questions it generates! Why DBIC
users pollute the Catalyst list all the time and some of the devs even
cross post.
</devilsAdvocate>