[Catalyst] IMPORTANT: To all Catalyst::Whatever Authors, please read and ACT

Kieren Diment diment at gmail.com
Sun May 11 08:16:41 BST 2008

On 11 May 2008, at 16:55, Jonathan Rockway wrote:

> You seem upset that we're ditching YAML.  Don't be.  The defaults are
> designed for people that don't know how to change the defaults.  You
> already know how to use YAML, so use it and forget what everyone else
> thinks.  Config::General is not nearly as good as YAML, but it is
> harder
> to completely fuck up; that's why we're changing to it.  The idea
> is to
> make it easier to not care for people who don't care :)

Some programmers will find yaml better and easier for them in
configuring their app.  However, almost everyone else will  find yaml
obscure and difficult (especially non-programmers, configuring your
app).  Anyway, the straw that broke the camels back was that I
realised this morning that it is not possible to put correct YAML in
POD.  I was feeling motivated, so I took action.