[Catalyst] RFC: Catalyst::Controller::REST::DBIC

Zbigniew Lukasiak zzbbyy at gmail.com
Thu May 15 20:14:08 BST 2008

On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 7:31 PM, Mark Trostler <mark at zzo.com> wrote:
> You don't need 'create' & 'update' & 'delete' parts of your URL - those
> should be denoted by the request type - POST, PUT, or DELETE right?

Yes - you are right about REST, but what something more than that.  We
want to have is a REST interface together with something REST-like
that will work for browsers.

> Similarly you don't need 'id' in the url - so POST to /api/rest/cd will
> create a cd.  A PUT to /api/rest/cd/5 will update that CD - a DELETE to
> /api/rest/cd/5 will delete that CD...

Additionally we would like to have other non REST actions in the same
controller.  This mixing will require some separation between the
method names and the object id (which is data).  This is why I propose
/cd/instance/5 for the retrieve action.

--
Zbigniew