[Catalyst] Re: RFC: Catalyst::Controller::REST::DBIC

Mark Trostler mark at zzo.com
Fri May 16 20:07:08 BST 2008

I'm sorry but something just feels wrong about your approach - feels
like your mixing at matching REST & a UI on top.  Get the REST part down
first, & then worry about something the browser can see on top of it.  I
don't think you should let 'what a browser can see' to influence the
REST design.
Get the primitives, GET to search, POST to insert, PUT to update, and
DELETE to remove working.
Then you, or someone else, can layer something nice for the browser on
top of that.  Letting what the 'browser can see (or do)' influence your
RESTful design is just a bad idea I think if you're trying to create a
REST controller.
Now if you wanted to create just a generic CRUD controller that sort of
looked like REST or borrowed some ideas from it, then fine.
I guess the problem myself (& others perhaps) are having is calling what
  I think you're proposing 'REST'.
	Mark